Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Its been a while since I posted, and to be honest, I didn't miss it. It wasn't until somebody asked me about my blog that I went, Oh, right!

A lot has changed in my life and I'm fighting to stay positive each and every day. One of the major milestones is that I need to seek help from an impartial, outside source in order to deal with my insecurities and trust issues. I don't think that I'm any less of a person because of it. It isn't my fault I have these problems - I've been a victim in situations that have damaged me. I never asked for it. And I know I will never be able to be fully healthy without conquering these demons. you go to a doctor if you're body is broken, you go to a dentist if your teeth are broken and you go to a councilor if your mind is broken.

I'm trying to have no expectations of this experience, however, I do hope that the councilor will be nice and understanding, as well as non-judgemental. I have dealt with enough judgement due to my decisions by my friends and family. I just want peace and harmony and I know this starts within me.

Another major milestone is that I've decided that I only want people around me who support me 100%. My life has been full of ups and downs in the past couple of years and I've weeded out some people who were not really on my side. I have no problem shutting that door if I feel it is necessary.

I guess that is all for now. Sometimes things need to get worse before they can get better. Growing pains I suppose.

No comments: