Saturday, June 19, 2010

Friends come and go. Relationships are hard and easily die. With the death of something, there are always people left behind feelings get hurt. This year has been a difficult one for me because I've come to realize that I don't have that many good friends.

There are many different kinds of friends. Ones that you hang out with when you have nothing else to do, ones you make time for and ones that will always have your back.

I've learned who I am, who I want to be and how to get there through my friends. I never really got it when I was younger that your "best friends forever" never really stay that way. Friendship is really based on life stages. It's impossible to maintain a friendship if each party is in a different life stage. I learned this the hard way when I went to University and my "BFF's" stayed in Barrie making babies and working at Walmart. I learned this again when I went to Seneca and my "BFF's" got jobs and entered the real world. You would think that the second time is a charm, but again, I've learned when I entered the real world and life got busy.

The death of a friendship is hard and I've been carrying these hardships with me for months. I need to get them off my shoulders.

Caitlin
Katelyn
Angela

Jealousy, selfishness and anger all played a part in the death of these relationships. I guess you find out who your real friends are when you become successful. It's surprising how many people get off on holding you down.

4 comments:

Anairamgui said...

hi, i brasilian and don't written english very well, but i understand your text and i agree with you, "Friendship is really based on life stages" , but ours always think "this time will be different" but no, and is so hard..
sorry for bad english...

kanav said...

i dont know what to say i write a lot on relationships but in the end the more you think the more complex they are..and yeah kelly dont think much just wait for the good time always....and yeah look around and you will get some good people to talk to .....take care

Unknown said...

I also agree to the text. Well done. I am ready to become your good friend if you agree.
Sabita

LondonLitter said...

This is great Kel!! i really appreciate your open mind and open heart! please follow my blog to get a true feel of how dirty london is. im trying to raise awareness so please join and tel ALL your friends. thanks...
www.thelondonlitter.blogspot.com
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx